What is the Citizens' Academy?
It is important that we, as county government, take advantage of every opportunity to educate our citizens on how their tax dollars are being spent. The Citizens' Academy is a free interactive program designed to familiarize the general public with the roles, services, and operations that comprise Camden County Government. The program focuses on educating residents, business owners, and interested persons who work in Camden County on how daily County Government operations contribute to building a better community.
Standards for Admissions
- Applicants must make a commitment to attend all sessions.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old.
- Participants must be a resident of Camden County, a business owner in Camden County, or employed full-time in Camden County.
- As part of the enrollment process, participants will complete a Hold Harmless Agreement
- The Citizens' Academy is a learning and informational program. Acceptable conduct standards will be maintained by participants to assure each session is a positive experience.
How To ApplyView detailed Citizens' Academy participation information and the program application online. Class Schedule will depend on the number of applicants received.
Please submit completed applications to Camden County Government.
For additional information regarding the Citizens' Academy program offered by the Board of County Commissioners, please contact the County Administrator's office via email or by phone at 912-510-0464.