Application for Marriage License
- Applications for a marriage license may begin online or can be completed in person at the Probate Court office located inside the Camden County Courthouse, 210 E. 4th St., Woodbine, GA. If you choose to fill out the application online, you have two weeks after the information is submitted to complete the application process at Probate Court.
- You must bring the following with you if you are filling out the application in person OR have submitted the application online and need to complete the process:
- Valid Driver's License, Valid State issued ID, or Valid Passport
- If divorced, a copy of the final divorce decree
- If widowed, a copy of the death certificate.
- Fee is $76 ($50 if you receive Premarital Counseling)
- If 16 or 17 years of age - Parents or Legal Guardians must be present. They must also sign an affidavit to be notarized by the Court.
- Birth Certificates are helpful but are not required.
- Applications for Marriage Licenses can occur Monday – Friday, from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Marriage licenses are not issued on holidays or court days so it is advisable to contact the office in advance.
The following Legal Requirements must also be satisfied:
- Residency Requirement: If one of the parties is a resident of Georgia, the license can be issued in any county. If neither party is a resident of Georgia, the license must be issued in the county in which the marriage ceremony is to be performed.
- Surname: The applicants must designate on the application the legal surname that will be used after the marriage.
- Legal Requirements:
- The parties must be of sound mind, must have no living spouse from an undissolved prior marriage, and must not be related in a degree prohibited by law.
- If the parties are at least 18 years of age, they may apply without parental consent.
- If either or both parties are less than 18 years of age, but at least 16 years of age, the parties may apply only with parental consent of the underage party or parties.
- If under 18 years of age both parents must sign. All applicants under the age of 18 must have parents’ signature.
- If parents are divorced, the parent that has legal custody must bring divorce papers and papers where they were awarded custody in order for them to sign.
- No license issued under 16 years of age.
A form may be obtained from Camden County Probate Court. It must be signed and notarized and presented when applying for the marriage license.
If you would like for the Judge of Probate Court to marry you, call the court at 912-576-3785 to schedule an appointment. Marriage Ceremonies are scheduled on Thursdays, except for holidays. You must schedule an appointment.
Certified Copies of Marriage Certificates
Application and payment for certified copies of Marriage Certificates may be obtained through EZCourtPay.