American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) Program
American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA)
Administered by the U.S. Department of Treasury, the ARPA Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds provide a substantial infusion of resources to help turn the tide on the pandemic, address its economic fallout, and lay the foundation for a strong and equitable recovery.
Through ARPA funding, Camden County will receive a total of $10,618,230.00 in two different payments.
- Support urgent COVID-19 response efforts to continue to decrease spread of the virus and bring the pandemic under control
- Replace lost public sector revenue to strengthen support for vital public services and help retain jobs
- Support immediate economic stabilization for households and businesses
- Address systemic public health and economic challenges that have contributed to the inequal impact of the pandemic
Use of Funds
Recipients may use these funds to:
- Support public health expenditures, by, for example, funding COVID-19 mitigation efforts, medical expenses, behavioral healthcare, and certain public health and safety staff
- Address negative economic impacts caused by the public health emergency, including economic harms to workers, households, small businesses, impacted industries, and the public sector
- Replace lost public sector revenue, using this funding to provide government services to the extent of the reduction in revenue experienced due to the pandemic
- Provide premium pay for essential workers, offering additional support to those who have and will bear the greatest health risks because of their service in critical infrastructure sectors
- Invest in water, sewer, and broadband infrastructure, making necessary investments to improve access to clean drinking water, support vital wastewater and stormwater infrastructure, and to expand access to broadband internet
Tell your story. Share your thoughts on the needs of our community or share a success story on how your organization has responded to the pandemic.
Please use our online form to share your thoughts.
At their November 2, 2021, regular meeting, the Camden County Board of Commissioners authorized approval to apply for the Georgia Public Safety Officials and First Responders Supplement Grant distributed by the Georgia Office of Planning and Budget. Read on...