Role of Risk Management
The role of Risk Management is to provide oversight of property, liability and workers' compensation protection, safety programs and a comprehensive benefits package to protect the county, its citizens and employees from financial exposure.
Risk Management is the process of identifying, assessing and controlling threats to an organization’s capital and earnings. These threats, or risks, could stem from a variety of sources, including financial uncertainty, legal liabilities, strategic management errors, accidents, and natural disasters.
One of the ways to handle risk is through insurance. Camden County has numerous insurance policies to protect against loss and unnecessary cost to the taxpayer. Some examples are:
- Property / Inland Marine (This is our physical property, excluding automobile);
- General Liability;
- Law Enforcement Liability;
- Business Automobile;
- Cyber Liability;
- Excess Workers Compensation;
- Medical Professional Liability; and
- Employee Practices Liability.
Camden County holds quarterly safety committee meetings that focus on occurring loss trends and suggestions from employees. Examples include the Employee Boot Program and Defensive Driving Training.
- Publish an Employee Safety Handbook
- Review accident reports and loss trends
- Monitor and recommend methods of complying with State and Federal regulations
- Share ideas and information
- Responsibility and accountability
- Regular training and proper techniques
- Management training and ensuring safety equipment is available and used
- Reward safe workers
Inspection Report of All Incidents
- Interviews and pictures
- Ensure issues are documented and resolved
Workers’ compensation is an accident insurance program paid by the employer which provides the employee with medical, rehabilitation and income benefits if they are injured on the job. These benefits are provided to help the employee return to work. It also provides benefits to dependents if an employee should die as a result of a job related injury.
Camden County is self insured for Workers Compensation. Financially stable organizations can save huge amounts compared to fully insured insurance premiums. Education and training are drivers of cost savings.
Anticipates making a license determination on or before December 16, 2019 Read on...