Truck Driver Recruitment
Camden County Public Works is now offering a $1,000 sign-on bonus for CDL truck drivers. This position is responsible for operating a dump truck to haul dirt and transport materials to and from work sites.
- Must complete two years of employment. If employee leaves prior to two years, employee will be contractually obligated to pay pro-rated amount back to Camden County.
- Funds to be distributed in two payments:
- At six month anniversary
- At one year anniversary
- Operates a tandem dump truck to haul gravel, dirt, asphalt, and other materials to and from work sites.
- Operates a front-end loader to load and move materials.
- Operates a trackhoe to load materials and dig drainage pits.
- Utilizes a lowboy to move equipment to and from work sites.
- Operates a bulldozer to smooth and level dirt.
- Spreads gravel on dirt roads.
- Cleans and maintains assigned vehicle and equipment.
- Performs various laboring tasks as required.
- Performs routine inspections of equipment and maintains record of inspections.
- Operates a backhoe to assist with laying and clearing of pipe.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of county policies and procedures pertaining to road and drainage system maintenance and improvement.
- Knowledge of defensive driving techniques.
- Knowledge of basic mechanics.
- Skill in operating a dump truck, backhoe, front-end loader, tractor, lowboy, and other related equipment.
- Skill in performing preventive maintenance on vehicles and equipment.
- Ability to read, write and perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.